Transitions Centers is:
- A place where individuals fit in and be mentored as well as challenged.
- A place where an individual’s feedback and opinion is honored.
- A place where they work towards achieving their goals with support and understanding.
- A place where each individual make good friends, work on social anxiety, get the sensory input they require, and work towards being as independent as possible based on their individual needs and desires.
We offer the following programs that assist our Members in these areas:
Our Day Service assists with:
- Making healthier choices with food, exercise and diversity training.
- Independent living skills with cooking, budgeting and comparative shopping.
- Increased socialization and social skills classes.
- Promoting Self Advocacy.
- Involvement in the community through volunteer opportunities that increase community integration skills.
Our staff works closely with our Nursing support staff and contracted therapists to provide the following services to members who require it:
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Social Skills Therapy
The Employment Services at TCI have been helping local businesses meet their unique staffing needs for over 10 years. Our support staff work closely with employers to ensure a mutually rewarding experience for both the employee and the business. We work diligently with adults with a variety of challenges in community employment through a matching process. This includes: Vocational Assessment, Individual Job Development, Job Placement Services, Job Coaching and Job Support and Advocacy.
Individual Supports is a person-centered program where a Members works one to one with staff to work on a skill need area usually assisting with skills related to living at home or in an apartment that will increase their independence. Because this service is so individualized, it is tailored to the needs of the individuals being served.
Community Engagement & College Navigation
Community Engagement and College Navigation is a service that assists individuals on the Autism Spectrum supports that will increase either community access and involvement or tools to negotiate college life to improve the individual’s social experience.